When someone loses a tooth or multiple teeth, multiple replacement options are available. Dental implants are one such option that is the popular choice for various reasons. But before you go searching for dental implants in Delhi, you should know why implants might be the choice.
What Is A Dental Implant?
An implant is a small titanium screw placed in the jawbone beneath the gum line via surgery. After healing, the post fuses into the jawbone and creates a stable foundation for the tooth restoration process. The fusion acts as a replacement for the root of a natural tooth and preserves the bone structure. The part that acts like a natural tooth sits above the implant as a single crown, bridge or secure denture to replace one or more missing teeth. Implants are part of most dental clinic services and are meant to last for a lifetime and have a remarkable success rate. It is part of why they are considered the best option for permanent teeth replacement.
Types Of Dental Implant
- 1. Single Dental Implant: One implant, abutment and crown are fitted into the spot of the missing tooth to serve as a replacement. Once the dental implant experts determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants, they develop a custom treatment plan. The implant is surgically placed in your jawbone and allowed to heal and fuse. The custom-designed crown is connected using an abutment to imitate a natural tooth.
- 2. Implant-Supported Bridge: A bridge comprises two crowns at either end of the row of consecutive missing teeth. Instead of having a crown attached to each spot, the implant-supported bridge involves connecting the crown to the dental implant. The missing teeth in the middle will not get an implant, but you can securely replace multiple missing teeth in a row without replacing each tooth.
- 3. Implant-Retained Denture: A denture is an artificial arch of teeth that rests on the gum line, imitating a set of natural teeth. Traditional dentures are removable but also unstable, resulting in them slipping, sliding off, clicking or falling out, making day-to-day tasks like chewing difficult. Securing your dentures permanently with implants can fix this issue.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
- Implants are meant to imitate natural teeth and look just the same
- They provide a strong base for the crown that acts as a tooth replacement
- They are a permanent replacement option that lasts forever
- There is no need to stabilize the replacement by grinding down other teeth
- It prevents jawbone deterioration and promotes
How to Know If You Are A Good Candidate For Dental Implants Treatment?
- 1. Bone: Missing tooth causes the surrounding bone to deteriorate gradually. The implant procedure requires a certain amount of bone mass for successful fusing. It is why it is necessary to get an implant surgery without delay after losing a tooth, or there may not be enough bone to perform the dental implant surgery. A bone grafting surgery may be required in that case to regenerate sufficient bone and tissue.
- 2. Age: Typically, implants are more successful for adults who are done growing. Children too young may have to wait until the facial structure has developed, which is around 16 years for girls and 18 years for boys.
- 3. Health: General and oral health is also considered before surgery. In some cases, like if you have diabetes, are a heavy smoker, or have gum disease, you may not be a good candidate for implants.
If you are looking for a trusted clinic that provides the best dental implants treatment in Delhi, contact us at Kamal Dental Clinic, a dental clinic in South Delhi.